Hello and Happy New Year! Hopefully your tax collections have gone smoothly…As we start the new year, I wanted to reach out and check in.
We mentioned at the fall conference the email listserv program for the treasurers. Well, that is ready to go. Watch for an email from Cindy Hegglund, our executive secretary, with instructions on how to sign up and start communicating with your fellow treasurers. We have partnered with APTUS&C to provide this program, but you do not need to be a member of APTUS&C to sign up for the MTAW listserv. I’d like to send a huge THANK YOU to Barb Hendricks, who initiated talks to get this started. You can also sign up by following this link: https://aptusc.memberclicks.net/mtaw-e-list#!/
Kathy Morse is starting the process of filling committees for the 2023-2024 year. We also need a President-Elect and Vice President, along with district directors. You can find information on these positions on the MTAW website in the green footer section on the home page – MTAW Officers and Committee Manual. Please consider serving your organization. As a bonus, you earn points toward certification. You can contact Kathy at firstname.lastname@example.org or me at email@example.com.
Consider reaching out to new treasurers in your area and telling them of the benefits of joining the Municipal Treasurers of Wisconsin:
- Receive news and legislative updates on MTAW Facebook and website
- Training opportunities:
- At two conferences per year
- Day conferences from the different districts
- The UW-Green Bay Treasurers Institute
- Connection to trainings from other organizations
- New clerks can sign up to receive a mentor. Experienced clerks can be that mentor and pass along their years of knowledge.
- The ability with our new email listserv to ask questions of other treasurers across the state
- Volunteering to participate on committees or the board and give back to the organization, meet other members and have fun
- Training and volunteering earn points towards becoming a Certified Municipal Treasurer of Wisconsin, which can be used to further your career
- And possibly the most important is networking with fellow treasurers. You will gain life-long friends.
Don’t forget the spring conference April 27 & 28 in Elkhart Lake at the Osthoff. It is our 50TH ANNIVERSARY, and I know the committee is hard at work to make it an outstanding conference. Information will be sent out soon. Keep watch, spread the word, and we hope everyone can join us.
Finally, I wish everyone a safe and healthy new year, and feel free to contact me at any time with questions, concerns, comments, suggestions.
Linda Kuhlman, CMTW, WCMC